Caterham is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Workshop Controller to join the Aftersales team at their flagship showroom near Gatwick. The dealership is an impressive facility that is the jewel in the crown for Caterham and the workshop is effectively the manufacturer’s “Works” Service department.
As a proactive member of the dealership's team you will be required to run an efficient workshop, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times, motivating and managing all staff to perform as effectively as possible.
It is essential that applicants have a working experience of an aftersales department, ideally who deal in sports and performance cars. Applicants must be enthusiastic, with a thorough knowledge of customer care. Motorsport is a significant part of the overall Caterham business and it contributes massively to the aftersales revenues. Subsequently an active interest and ideally knowledge, of club motorsport would be extremely beneficial.
The Aftersales department is made up of an Aftersales Manager, seven technicians, an Aftersales advisor and a parts controller. The role will be responsible for the day to day operational efficiency of the workshop reporting into the Aftersales Manager.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
- Responsible for planning and allocating work to all technicians ensuring work standards and time scales are always achieved. Whilst in turn making sure that workshop hours are accurately recorded at all times through the DMS system.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely and accurate manner, managing the customer’s expectations at all times. Liaising with the Aftersales Advisor when repairs are likely to take longer than previously agreed, ensuring the customer is kept up to date at all times.
- To report and seek advice on any problems highlighted whilst work is being conducted so that these may be overcome and the customer kept informed where delays result.
- To keep up to date with all engineering developments, workshop notices and warranty recalls.
- Liaise with the parts controller to ensure all parts required are available prior to the jobs being undertaken and ensuring that the workshop is always stocked with consumable items.
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as body shop, MOT test station, vehicle wrappers etc.
- Instilling and enforcing a clean, professional and uncluttered workshop environment that is always representative of the brand.
- During busy periods, undertaking the maintenance, service and repair activities to the highest standard may be required.
Relevant Experience & Qualifications Required
- Must have experience as a qualified vehicle technician, ideally with Caterham product knowledge or if not sports and prestige vehicles. A motorsport background would be helpful.
- We might consider a strong Vehicle Technician stepping up who can show the capability and skills to lead a large team of technicians.
- You must have strong managerial skills and be able to prove you can control a workshop of technicians efficiently.
- Excellent administrative and computer skills and knowledge of DMS systems (Pinnacle ideally) and also be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills are also critical, as you will not only be leading the team of technicians but also required to communicate with customers both in written and verbal formats.
- Have strong commercial awareness and understand the requirement in delivering results in a target driven environment
An attractive bonus based remuneration package is offered commensurate with experience.
If you would like to apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to opportunities [at] caterham [dot] com