Press & Demonstrator Car Technician – Global Brand Team
Competitive salary plus tangible benefits
Remuneration: Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS, Income Protection and staff purchase discounts.
The Role: We are looking to recruit an experienced automotive technician to fulfil the position of Press & Demonstrator Car Technician in the Global Brand Team. Reporting to the Senior Press & Demonstrator Car Technician, you will join the team in this newly created role. The role will be based in the Brand Team headquarters in Gatwick, West Sussex and will involve assisting in all aspects of building, maintaining, preparing and delivering the fleet of demonstration cars to journalists and press events. The role will have responsibility for maintaining the entire internal fleet of cars that include press, demonstrator and hire cars that are in use on a daily basis. The internal cars are a critical part of the sales and marketing toolbox. They quite simply should be the best presented, the best handling and most exquisitely built examples of the Caterham range.
There will also be opportunities to interact and work alongside our development engineers on certain projects. The nature of the role also requires someone who has excellent communication skills and is comfortable liaising with the press and being a brand ambassador for Caterham. Being a relatively flexible position, the role demands a “hands on” person, who must be a team player, and that is always willing to go the extra mile in order to achieve the best results possible. The nature of the role dictates that unsociable hours of work are unavoidable and a flexible attitude is a prerequisite.
Equally, the successful applicant must have excellent time management skills, be highly motivated and be comfortable working alone when on location with the press or at events. In return we are offering a position that will enable you to enjoy extremely varied and interesting day to day activities which will deliver a huge amount of job satisfaction with extremely tangible results.
• Assist the Global Brand Team by building, maintaining and delivering the fleet of demonstration and hire cars that are prepared to exceptional standards.
• Represent the company at press events, shows and be an ambassador for the brand.
• Maintain and take ownership of the internal fleet to ensure the cars provide the best Caterham driving experience possible.
• Assist the Brand Team to deliver marketing strategy.
• Experienced automotive technician, NVQ level 2 or above.
• Full UK driving licence (ideally to include entitlements to allow towing of a car trailer)
Required skill set:
• You will be a confident person who is self-motivated, flexible by nature and willing to work ad hoc hours as required
• You will have the ability to perform under pressure and be a fast and efficient problem solver
• You will be able to work well both on your own and as part of a team.
• An interest in prestige motors and motorsport would be advantageous
How to apply: Send your CV and a covering letter by email stating why you wish to be considered and what you believe you can achieve within the role to: opportunities [at] caterham [dot] com
Closing date – Friday 28th September
September 11, 2018
Job Opportunity - Press & Demonstrator Car Technician
September 5, 2018
Job Opportunity - Warranty Assistant
August 22, 2018